Read news release, here.
Advancing CCUS - A Deep Dive on Cost & Risk Reductions
This deep-dive event will be in-depth exploration of both the hurdles and possibilities in advancing CCUS as a key technology to significantly reduce greenhouse gases. The cost to deploy large-scale CCUS has been repeatedly cited as a barrier. With advancements in technology, cost are coming down. Through the sharing of best practices of successful CCUS projects and facilities, this event will provide the evidence that the next plants will be cheaper. This panel of global experts will contribute knowledge supporting clean energy policies, decision making, and financing.
Wednesday May 29th, 12:30 PM - 1:45 PM. - Lunch Included.
- Steve Winberg, Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy, Department of Energy (USA)
- Khalid Abulief, Chief Negotiator for Climate Agreements, Ministry of Energy and Petroleum Resources (Saudi Arabia)
- Tim Thomas, Vice President, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Japan, Houston office)
- Michael Kurtyka, Minister of Energy & Environment, COP24 President (Poland)
- Hang Wang, Deputy Director-General, the Administration Centre for China’s Agenda 21, Ministry of Science and Technology (China)
- Cecile Conroy, International Brotherhood of Boilermakers (USA)
- Richard Jackson, President, Occidental Low Carbon Ventures and SVP of Operations (USA)
- Mechthild Worsdorfer, Director of Sustainability, Technology & Outlooks, International Energy Agency (France)
- Moderators: Rich Powell, ClearPath & Mike Monea, International CCS Knowledge Centre
Sponsored by: ClearPath & International CCS Knowledge Centre
Location: Vancouver Convention Centre West, International CCS Knowledge Centre Pavilion at Innovation Showcase, booth 606
To attend this free event, please RSVP here. Password: CCS
To learn more about CEM / MI, click here: http://cem-mi-vancouver2019.ca/